Let's Practice some Gratitude in this Lockdown

How many times we complain of not having enough time to be with our family, of not having the time to pursue our hobbies, of simply not finding the time to take a deep breath! Now that we have been forced into having time for the same, let's not waste in drawing up yet another list of complaints. Instead, let's draw a list of all the current aspects in our life that we are grateful for. I am sure most of what I have on my list today will resonate with you - 


  • I am grateful for all those in the administration who care for me and my brothers, those who are making and implementing plans day after day to assure our safety, the satisfaction of our basic needs and whatever they can do even beyond that;


  • I am grateful for all my thoughtful brothers who are protecting not only themselves and their near ones but also me by staying indoors despite all that it costs them;


  • I am grateful to all those who have made technology available to us. It has made living at home not only possible but also productive. I am thankful for being in the comfort and safety of my home;


  • I am grateful for my family which is guiding me through these thick times by giving me their unconditional emotional support;


  • I am grateful for having the means to sustain myself during this time of economic hardship;


  • I am grateful for being in sound physical and mental health, for having the energy to adapt to my new style of work, for having the intelligence to face the new challenges that arise on a daily basis.


What is in your gratitude list in these times? Do let me know in the comments below.


Comments

  1. Just greatful for catching up with my kids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear that. May I know your name please? And would you like to share something more?

      Delete
    2. Sorry for replying late. Im Martha. My daughter got me to your blog, she follows your content a lot. I just get very little time for my kids. Its so tough when youre a single mother. I also feel kind of guilty for feeling this wayI mean people suffering out there and Im looking at ,y interests. . hwat would you say to that from your counseling pov?

      Delete
    3. Hello Martha! Thanks to you and your daughter for visiting my blog.

      What I would say from a counseling perspective is that you have every right to fully experience your feelings. It is very apparent to me that you are feeling sorry for those suffering from the current situation while at the same time you are also feeling happy at having time to devote to your daughters. Your responses are not only appropriate, they are genuine and kind.

      Why you are questioning these feelings is that you are somehow seeing a relation between your feelings to these different situations. You are thinking something like, "I should be ashamed for finding happiness in someone's sorrow." While it is true that you have found time to spend with your kids because of the prevailing situation, your feelings for your kids are not contingent on your feelings for the people suffering.

      Irrespective of the nature of the situation which would have given you the opportunity to spend time with your kids, you would have felt the same joy that you are feeling today. You are feeling happy about being with your kids, not about someone's misery. Your guilt is certainly misplaced here. A little thinking on these lines will help you recover.

      Delete
    4. Wow. That was impactful! I see why my daughter praises your content so much. Thanks Jyotika. I would love to speak to you again.

      Delete
  2. i am grateful for our quora chat tai. thnxx for spporting me ��

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have you here Atul. You're most welcome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to have your feedback or suggestions, or answer any of your queries. Feel free to express yourself below. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Popular posts from this blog

Andrade (doodling)

A Level Psychology of Abnormality: Explanation of Phobias

Dement and Kleitman Research