Dement and Kleitman Research

Comments

  1. Hello,
    I really love your notes and questions :) Just a heads up, the question you have given for paper 1: 2. Identify which one of the following statements is not true of Dement & Kleitman's observations of the relationship between sleep and dreams. [1] (*this question is from the specimen paper 1 released by CIE)
    Eye movements are more frequent in dreams about distant objects.
    People may make movements, e.g. foot twitches, while dreaming.
    The sleeper's eyes move in REM sleep.
    There are usually several REM sleep periods per night.

    Specimen Ans. The candidate must simply tick option 2 - people may make movements e.g. foot twitches, while dreaming.

    The correct answer is option one, as the question focuses on what is NOT true for REM sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Janadi for your very kind feedback.

    I have rectified the error as brought to my notice by you. Thank you for that as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi i needed some clarity as to how is this a two tailed hypothesis 'The duration of a dream is the same as the length of the REM period in which it occurs'.?

    Also would you have notes for the 2 year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous!

      Thank you so much for pointing out the error! It was a typing mistake on my part. As I have stated in the reason, the direction of hypothesis is specified. So, it is definitely a one-tailed hypothesis. I have now rectified the error.

      As for notes for the second year, I have only one post on my blog as of now for the A level which you can visit here:
      https://excellingpsychology.blogspot.com/2018/05/explanation-of-phobias.html

      I also have a couple of lessons on my site:
      https://sites.google.com/view/excelling-psychology/cie-a-level-psychology

      You can stay tuned to my blog and site for any posts I put up for the A level in future.

      Delete
  4. Thank you for the appreciation Mr.Steve! Do stay tuned to ExcellingPsychology for more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot thank you enough for all this. My entire school and teacher rely on you! The effort put into this is simply spellbinding and I hope you know how much you are valued by many centres around the world! Thank you so so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for this very kind compliment. May I please know your name and your school's name?

      Delete
  6. Thank you mam! Please make more posts. Please please

    ReplyDelete
  7. My Tutor, at its core, is about helping students, parents and educators connect. However, it is also so much more. We are a team of parents and teachers, dealing with the challenges faced by students and parents in digital Bangladesh. We have built a platform to help parents connect with tutors - more importantly - we are connecting students to the power of online tutoring and so much more details here : tuition bd

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Tutor, at its core, is about helping students, parents and educators connect. However, it is also so much more. We are a team of parents and teachers, dealing with the challenges faced by students and parents in digital Bangladesh. We have built a platform to help parents connect with tutors - more importantly - we are connecting students to the power of online tutoring and so much more details here : BD Tutors

    ReplyDelete
  9. this was so helpful for my alevel!!! thank you so so much for these concise and well-orientated notes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I would love to have your feedback or suggestions, or answer any of your queries. Feel free to express yourself below. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Popular posts from this blog

Andrade (doodling)

A Level Psychology of Abnormality: Explanation of Phobias